Rule Review Update
The Liquor Control Commission is in the process of reviewing the following rules for 2012. Comments and concerns should be submitted in compliance with 4301:1-1-66 of the Ohio Administrative Code at the address of the bottom of this page. A public meeting regarding these rules will be held on Tuesday, August 14, 2012, at 11:30 a.m. The public meeting will be held at 77 South High Street, 19th Floor, Columbus, Ohio 43215. The purpose of this public meeting is for the Commission to consider adopting for initial filing the following rules:
- 4301:1-1-01 Title and validity.
- 4301:1-1-03 Wine requirements.
- 4301:1-1-17 Sanitation requirements.
- 4301:1-1-22 Consent for importing alcoholic beverages for resale in Ohio.
- 4301:1-1-24 Miscellaneous beer, wine, and mixed beverage requirements.
- 4301:1-1-43 Furnishing signs, fixtures, equipment, advertising materials, and advertising specialties, return of merchandise: limitations thereon: prohibited practices and prohibition of cash deposit or prepayment.
- 4301:1-1-45 Contests, prizes, sales incentive programs, rebates, or other promotions.
- 4301:1-1-52 Entertainment- prohibition against improper conduct.
- 4301:1-1-53 Gambling, gambling devices and promotional contests.
- 4301:1-1-65 Procedure for hearings before the liquor control commission.
- 4301:1-1-71 Sponsorship of athletic events or tournaments, concerts, shows, or entertainment.
- 4301:1-1-72 Minimum markup on beer.
- 4301:1-2-01 Definitions.
- 4301:1-2-02 Procedures for accessing confidential personal information.
- 4301:1-2-03 Valid reasons for accessing confidential personal information.
- 4301:1-2-04 Confidentiality statutes.
- 4301:1-2-05 Restricting and logging access to confidential personal information in computerized personal information systems.
All interested parties should appear in person at the above-stated time and location to give public comment or testimony regarding those rules.
Proposed and recently adopted rules can be found on-line and printed at: www.registerofohio.state.oh.us
The Commission's five-year rule review schedule sets forth what rules are up for review and when.
The Commissions Guide to Rule-Making and Public Participation gives the public information as to how they can get involved in the rule-review process. Please contact the Commission at 614-466-3132 with questions in regards to the rule review process.